Where are your real life stories? Learn how to reconnect with the pebbles of your life and how writing these stories can be therapeutic. Discover slice-of-life moments that only you know. Suitable for senior adult writing groups, caregivers, and support groups.
- Describe the benefits of therapeutic writing with a brief overview of supporting research.
- Learn how to incorporate memories into therapeutic writing.
- Discuss the possibilities of writing as therapy to improve problem solving, relieve stress, and promote emotional healing.
- January 22, 2010, Fifty-Five Plus, Missouri United Methodist Church, Columbia, MO
- February 28, 2009, Lifelines for Women–Romancing the Past B & B, Fulton, MO
- September 14, 2008, Muddy Creek Writers, Sedalia, MO
- August 14, 2008, Alzheimer’s Educational Symposium — Fort Smith, AR.
- June 30, 2008, Senior Adult Writing Group– Sedalia, MO.
- June 21, 2008 at “Take Time for Tea” – Alzheimer’s Association Mid Missouri Chapter–Columbia, MO.
- November 17, 2007 to Sedalia Senior Adult Writing Group